Plan INternational Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan is seeking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter Individuals to fill the positions below:
Emergency Response Manager X1 Luapula PA – Kenani & Mantapala Refugee Camp (2 YEARS)
The ERM will manage and oversee Plan International’s response to the Congolese Refugee crisis within Zambia. He/she will manage all members of staff working in Kenani and Mantapala refugee camp. Plan International is one of the lead implementing partner of UNICEF in the area of Education and Health and is also implementing Child Protection in Emergencies programs in both camps. The incumbent will support emergency response in Nchelenge/ Mantapala.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Identify key sectoral assessments to be undertaken In consultation with UNHCR and Technical Working Groups, support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team,
- Identify funding opportunities with National Offices and lead proposal development with the Technical Specialists In collaboration with the Business Development Team at the Country Office,
- Develop program initiatives that focus on strengthening the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework.
- Ensure the Country Director, and the Regional Disaster Risk Management Manager are kept informed about assessment progress, emergency response implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting and acquittal of emergency activities in accordance with PLAN DRM strategy, policies and protocols.
- Ensure emergency activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, host government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders including the military where present.
- In collaboration with other NGOs and UNHCR, identify key advocacy messages relating to the refugee response
- Ensure all information, publicity and fundraising material recognizes and respects the dignity of refugees.
Individual Specifications include:
- Proven relevant humanitarian aid experience in complex and natural disasters
- High level of all aspects of managerial experience, including managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances
- High level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management
- Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner
For full details on the job profile please send an email, clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday 19th September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For those wishing to write in please use the address as follows;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87 A Kabulonga road,
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com