Website Emmaton Libra Developers Limited
Developing a Better Tomorrow
NAME OF POSITION: IT Support Officer
TERM OF CONTRACT: 3-6 months
COMPANY: Emmaton Libra Developers Limited
CURRENT PROJECT NAME: Digital Literacy-DREAMS
DUTY LOCATION: Lusaka
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Operations
Emmaton Libra Developers Limited, is looking for a young vibrant individual to join our IT department in the capacity of IT Support Officer. Our organization deals with a lot of different lines of business which include, Business Consultancy, ICT Solutions, Digital Literacy Services and Freight & Logistics among others. The successful candidate would be required to navigate in the different business lines when required, however as at now the urgency and focus will be on the Digital Literacy project that is currently underway.
Equipping adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in the DREAMS Zambia program with basic and necessary Digital Literacy Skills in order to improve their lives. This is in line with our motto “developing a better tomorrow” We achieve this through digital literacy training and ensuring access to ICTs and broadband networks.
The IT Support Officer will ensure that the end users are provided a conducive ICT enabled work environment using the necessary computing tools and resources to maximize their productivity and help them achieve their targets and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
SCOPE OF WORK
- Provide technical support for digital literacy training equipment.
- Provide technical support to Trainers/Facilitators through regular engagement.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Prepare annual department budget (based off department needs and logistics).
- Track and document inventory through an assets/inventory register.
- Manage company and project websites, social media pages and web platforms.
- Ensure project and company devices are well maintained and delivered to respective training locations.
- Must be innovative and bring new innovations and value to the team and projects.
- Facilitate the replacement of outdated equipment and software.
- Able to implement and manage incident ticketing system. E.g., Spiceworks.
- Ensure all locally assigned incidents, requests and changes are actioned, updated accurately, reassigned, or closed appropriately, and are delivered to global standards as set by service delivery.
- Administrate, maintain and be accountable for the network consisting of servers, pc’s printers, switches, hubs, routers, and UPS’s.
- Be accountable for all logged calls within the SLA and to communicate with the Help desk and ensure successful completion.
- Manage the distribution and retention of data on various devices.
- Update company and project website and social media pages.
- Administrate and facilitate and manage virtual meetings and activities, through platform like (Google Meets, Teams and Zoom).
- Undertake a regular service program, including support of operating systems.
- Install approved software and hardware, connect users to networks and provide initial training.
- Ensure efficient and effective utilization of applications and equipment by Users.
- Establish and control systems access and security.
- Monitor systems in order to optimize performance and initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Remote troubleshooting using telephone and remote desktop tools like TeamViewer & AnyDesk.
- General housekeeping of the compute room, computer and networking equipment and cabling to Bytes Technology Group’s standards.
- Communicate IT challenges to Senior Engineer and/or escalate where required.
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) in site operations at all times.
- Ensure cost optimization and budget compliance.
- Manage and Track all IT assets onsite and offsite.
MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS AREAS
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent, qualification will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Impressive, demonstrable track record of skills/experience gained within a similar position or at a similar level.
- Knowledge of data analytical platforms like District Health Information Software (DHIS2), computer programming and web development will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Software installation and Configuration.
- Willingness to go the extra mile and work beyond normal hours of work whenever required to.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Availability to work at different locations and weekend hours, as required to meet program needs and to attend related meetings/events.
Candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume outlining experience and qualifications.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Males are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 12:00hrs Wednesday 16th November, 2022.
All applications should be sent to [email protected]