End of Project Evaluation
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified individuals to apply to conduct an End-of Project evaluation of a European Union- funded project implemented in 6 adult Correctional Facilities and 3 Juvenile Approved Schools situated in 4 provinces of Zambia; namely Luapula, Muchinga, Central and Southern Provinces. The project aimed at improving the welfare of inmates and juveniles in the target facilities and subsequently, the country at large.
DAPP registered in 1990 as a national non-profit association with its national office on Copperbelt. The idea of DAPP is, through the implementation of projects, to empower people with knowledge, skills and tools to improve their living conditions.
Summary of Assignment
The End-of-project evaluation is intended to assess the project’s outcome, sustainability and possible future impact by comparing end of project data after three years of implementation, with its baseline.
Specifically, the evaluation will assess the following:
- Results achieved on the EU-DAPP Project, by comparing outcome and output indicators at endline with baseline value and the extent to which the results remain relevant towards improving welfare of inmates in the country;
- Strategies employed in the implementation of the project and its coherence with relevant stakeholders;
- The project’s overall achievement of the expected results and specific objectives;
- Sustainability of the results achieved and the strategies utilised in implementing the EU-DAPP project; and
- Community knowledge, behavior and practices towards inmate/juvenile welfare in project implementation areas.
For each of these objectives, the evaluation shall analyze factors of good and bad performance and make recommendations which may be useful in the subsequent or future utilization of the attained project results.
The evaluation will assess the project using the standard OECD/DAC evaluation criteria and will specifically focus on: relevance, coherence, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact.
Key Evaluation Deliverables
The evaluation key deliverables will include Inception report, Desk Report/Note, Intermediary report/Slide Presentation and Final report.
Qualification and desirable Competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in carrying out evaluations, demonstrable academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, evaluation design and implementation.
- Experience in community engagement, human rights and economic strengthening programs.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the European Union approaches, rules, regulations for evaluations.
- Experience/familiarity with human rights and Correctional Facility related programs and good knowledge of juvenile welfare is an added advantage.
Additionally, the Consultant should be willing to orient/familiarize their evaluation team (such as Data Collectors) with the target Correctional Facilities regulations/courtesies and associated policies, and with the unique targeted population.
Interested Consultants can request for the Term of Reference on the following email:
Your full application is due on the 21st of November and should be sent to the same email as above.
The application shall contain the following:
- Description of your interpretation of the ToR objectives.
- Description of your study methodologies.
- Timeline for the assignment.
- Detailed budget
- CV including implementation of previous studies
- At least 3 professional referees