Responsible for any ad hoc projects, investigations that would require a financial appreciation and critical thinking ability.
- Provide engineering support to ensure in-house component refurbishment projects satisfy OEM standards.
- Develop and implement a QA/QC process on all internally and externally refurbished components.
- Implement industry wide best practices with regard to component storage at Warehouse.
- Review and periodically refine the Site’s Rotable Repair process.
- Manage critical Spares and Tooling for the Section.
- Prepare Component Assessment and Repair Reports for all refurbished components.
- Engage End users with feedback on improving maintenance practices.
- Maintain accurate Rotable population database and produce periodic status reports as and when required.
- Provide Technical support on all warranty claims.
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis on all premature failures.
- Hands on experience in maintenance and production related processes.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained applying all company policies and safe work practices, demonstrating a strong commitment to the safety of employees
- Provide engineering support services for the installation, maintenance and operation of various project works ensuring the safety, efficiency and integrity of the network in accordance with requirements
- Project manage the technical and financial aspects of small scale projects, applying effective project management techniques from inception to completion
- Participate in the improvement of engineering standards, specifications and instructions associated with replacement, refurbishment and augmentation of equipment
- Liaise with other teams in troubleshooting root cause and incident investigations including equipment failures and defects for low impact planned and unplanned events;
- Perform any other duties as required by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Grade twelve (Grade 12) School Certificate
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar role
Skills Required for the Job
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong leadership, communication, planning, problem solving, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to resolve day-to-day challenges relating to legal compliance.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and other programs utilized for training and tracking purposes.
- Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
Behavioral Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantumcareers.com.