Grade CEC6 | Contract Type Permanent | Location Kitwe
The job holder will be responsible for supporting new customers to the CEC network with a focus on technical aspects, determine network requirements of future investments on the CEC network and other regional networks and to evaluate their impact on overall network performance with a view to achieving optimum technical solutions for meeting new demand.
- Develop and maintain models of the CEC/national/regional transmission and distribution system using modern engineering software tools available to the company.
- Develop, validate, and update on a continuous basis a CEC/national/regional network database to facilitate accurate planning of capital investments.
- Establish current and future system demand patterns that would serve as input in simulations of the expected normal and contingent future scenarios on a regular basis using the developed power system models referred to above.
- Using system models developed, carry out detailed technical feasibility studies in relation to new business opportunities for the following purposes:
- Determination of available capacity and adequacy of the existing network to meet the new demand while maintaining acceptable reliability and quality standards.
- Determine the most optimum network expansion plan necessary to meet the new demand.
- Establish costs, if any, required to achieve network modifications that would have been determined.
- Be a key player in identifying and receiving information on new business development ideas and when in possession of such information proceed to process it in line with the existing business development procedure.
- Provide support and input to the Technical Proposal formulation process.
- Undertake key tasks and provide technical input and support to the following activities during Projects:
- Technical design of approved network expansion plans
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA)
- Due diligence missions
- Provide support and input in the formulation and reviews of key agreements to be entered into in relation to new demand, which normally includes but is not limited to:
- Term Sheets
- Memorandum of Understandings
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Loan Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Connection Agreements
- Power Supply Agreements
- Payment Security Agreements
- Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) Contracts
- Construction Contracts
- Consultancy Contracts
- O & M Contract, etc.
- Provide technical assistance on power system modelling and analysis to other departments such as System Operations, Business Expansion Projects etc.
- Carry out all work tasks and assignments in strict compliance with applicable HSE policies and standards by participating in HSE meetings and by completing risk assessments and HSE incident reports.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate or Equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 4 years of combined practical experience in energy management, transmission and distribution planning or operation/ maintenance.
- Valid accreditation with EIZ.
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, valuation models, market analysis, and general problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of the Zambian Power System.
- Understanding of the SAPP interconnected power system.
- Financial modelling
- Knowledge of the Zambian Grid Code (Transmission and Distribution), Electricity Act, Energy policy
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please click on this link https://forms.office.com/r/wAM9kpb8DB and complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted at this stage. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 31st March 2023.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit cecinvestor.com.