The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (MFA) through the Civil Society Environmental Fund (CSEF) has been supporting Civil Society Organisations (CSO) in Environment and Natural Resource Management in Zambia since 2015. The support is managed by PMTC (Zambia) Limited, in consortium with Ecorys UK. One of the main aspirations of the second phase of CSEF is the establishment of a CSO Environment Hub.
Objective of the Environment Hub
The key objective of CSO Environment Hub is to strengthen coordination, networking and information sharing amongst and between individual CSOs, and also between civil society and other key stakeholders (including Government; the private sector and media). The Environment Hub was piloted under WWF Zambia between 2017 and 2018. The main outcome of the pilot year, was the establishment of a representative Governing Council following consultations in all 10 provinces of Zambia.
Following the completion and evaluation of the pilot phase, the Governing Council with support from WWF Zambia as host, wishes to recruit two full time members of staff who will provide the Secretariat of the Environment Hub.
The two positions and the necessary qualifications are:
Position: Environment Hub Communications and Network Development Officer
- Manage Hub’s social media, newsletter and Public Relations;
- Support outreach to and coordination of Hub CSO network and other stakeholders
- Support Coordinator in running of events, advocacy campaigns etc.;
- Support fundraising initiatives;
- Support organisation of governing meetings
- Minimum requirement: Diploma in the field of communications, journalism, or other related field. Experience in communications and strong writing abilities;
- Experience in networking and coordination
- Experience in campaigning and advocacy an advantage
- Must be self-driven
How to apply
To apply, please send the required documents by email to [email protected] by 22 June 2018.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com