Nanga Farms Ltd
Nanga Farms Ltd is a large irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated 25km North East of Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of sugarcane and the rearing of 1 ,400 head of cattle. The Company employs approximately 1,100 employees at peak season. The company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
Job Title: Environmental Health Technologist
Reporting to the Clinical Officer, the main purpose of the job is to maintain and improve environmental health standards in order to prevent and abate public heath nuisances.
- Coordinating of public health activities in order for Nanga Farms to conform to National set standards.
- Enforcement of the Public Health Act and its regulations with regards to waste management.
- Undertaking of periodic, water sampling for bacterial and chemical analysis and inspection of food premises and handler in order to determine chemical compositions.
- Carrying out internal community needs assessments, Orients timely, members of staff and the community on infection prevention practices.
- Undertaking regularly research projects on our farm and in our communities in order to generate information and ensure evidence based practises.
- Ensure that public health tools and equipment are in good working order at all times
- Ensures that the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management system is correctly managed.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma Environmental health Technology/ Diploma in public health
- Minimum of two years post qualifying experience in a similar position.
- Good interpersonal and technical skills, personal organization as well as high level of integrity are required.
- Professional registration with Health professional council of Zambia
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 16th September 2022, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references) and soft copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address and valid phone number, and then send via email to: [email protected]. The application letter should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Nanga Farms Ltd
P O Box 670079