Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for a qualified individual to be considered for the position of Environmental Intern.
Reporting to the Senior Environmental Officer, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Provide support and assistance to Senior Environmental Officer to enable them to manage their environmental responsibilities.
- Support the coordination of rehabilitation programme, including the maintenance of already rehabilitated areas.
- Monitor, measure and analyse data from rehabilitation activities.
- Actively involved in other environmental monitoring and measurement programmes.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Forestry/Agroforestry, Plant/Wood Science, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft packages; Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Valid driving license would be an added advantage
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.