Requisition Number: 505084
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Ndola Office
Categories: Information Technology, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Implement and manage allocated projects.
- Drive forward process improvements at the sites in regards to all areas of operations.
- Project administration & documentation, including the development of guided work instructions and process flows for users and the business.
- Ensure that key stakeholders are informed on progress providing regular updates, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) assuring measurement of the progress to objectives.
- Enhance training programs to benefit users, business, and mentoring team members.
- Ability to support the product tools and enhance reporting needs.
- Utilisation of technology to improve processes and systems.
- Remote assistance and/or travel to sites for assigned tasks.
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience:
- ERP application experience, including system development and support experience.
- Minimum 5 years business experience in the mining or heavy industry, with cross business knowledge.
- Must understand key business requirements in Mining.
- Good knowledge of international accounting fundamentals within a business is essential, including strong understanding of process flows.
- Good experience with ERP operational/engineering modules such as maintenance, financial and supply chain modules.
- Project management skills demonstrating experience including documentation.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work with users and staff at all levels.
- Ability to operate independently with efficiency and accuracy to meet deadlines and set a standard for all users of the Pronto ERP system.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude in problem solving and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of Pronto-Xi and IBM Cognos reporting tool will be advantageous.
Applications close: 24 Jan 2019 FLE Standard Time