Website eShagi Zambia
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
- To design and implement effective collections strategies and tactical interventions to ensure proper management of credit risk.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action or sanction in respect of regulatory breaches.
- To create a core competency in strategic Customer Debt Management methodologies that enables sound collection management.
- Timeous identification and actioning of arrears to minimize non-performing loans.
- To control and improve provision adequacy, roll rates and costs through the introduction of best practice and maintaining appropriate and uniform Customer Debt Management policies and practices across all portfolios.
- To build a sound and effective partnership model with Credit, Business and outsourced parties.
- Deliver high quality daily operational reports for timeous decision-making.
- Attend and provide input to all relevant credit committees.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
1. Credit Granting Process
- Collecting of payments on irregular accounts
- Follow-up of irregular accounts
- Preparation of credit life claims
- Negotiating and monitoring of repayment plans
- Monitoring outsourced collections
- Ensure timely submission of reports to Credit Manager.
2. Risk Management
- Meet budget set for Collections/recoveries
- Rehabilitate non performing accounts
- Minimise write-offs
- Investigate actions taken to proactively engage client prior to moving of account to Debt collectors.
3. Relationships and Partnership
- Responsible for liaising with Debt Collectors
- Provide leadership to staff in terms of recruitment, performance management, development and discipline.
- Compliance with policies, procedures and regulations
- Ensure accuracy of all reports
5. Other Duties
- Must be willing to perform any other duties assigned by the management.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Delivering results
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self driven
- Results focused
- Ability to execute fast.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- At least 3 years general experience in a financial lending with 2 years’ experience in debt collection.
- Computer literate are essential (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- A tertiary qualification (Banking or Business-related course)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com