The National Assembly of Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the positions below:
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CLERK
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out office management and secretarial duties, including administering correspondence, phone calls and mail;
- Preparing briefs and talking notes on issues requiring the attention of the Clerk;
- Conducting research and information analysis for the Clerk,
- Producing minutes/records for meetings chaired by the Clerk;
- Ensuring that the Clerk has sound, cordial, social and official relationships with Government Ministries, Honourable Members of Parliament (MPs) and the general public at all times:
- Assisting in the effective monitoring of the implementation of decisions of meetings chaired by the Clerk; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time-to-time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate;
- Degree in Law and an Advocate of the High Court of Zambia with at least five (5) years post qualifying experience; and
- Experience as an Executive Assistant, Special Assistant to a Chief Executive Officer or similar experience will be an added advantage.
Applications, with detailed curriculum vitae, clearly indicating three (3) traceable referees, including their contact details, should be submitted and addressed to:
The Hon. Mr Speaker
P. O. Box 31299
The closing date of receipt of applications is 16th March, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.