Website Mika Hotels Limited
Job Title : Executive Housekeeper
Location : Chamba Valley Exotic Hotel
Your Primary duty is to be responsible for the performance of the Housekeeping Department, Laundry and all rooms and supervisor will report to you.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Minimum of a Diploma in Housekeeping & Laundry/General Hotel Management with 5 years work experience as an Executive Housekeeper or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered
- Creative, self motivated, proactive and confident
- Experience working with a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of the staff
- Able to show Creativity, innovation and initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of all housekeeping activities including cleaning and laundry.
- Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language.
- Able to interact with personnel from other departments as well as the guests.
- The job holder will be in charge of overseeing and directing the cleaning activities for a hotel.
- Plan and prepare work schedules in advance.
- Handle customer service and complaints
- Order cleaning materials and new items and ensure that staff have proper tools to perform their job duties.
- Ensure that cleaning materials are used properly and no wastage of materials occurs.
- Maintain discipline in the department.
- Ensure that housekeeping budgets are maintained.
- Liaisons with management to ensure that company policy is communicated to all the staff.
- Periodically meet with the clients and ensure that you get feedback from them.
- Do a cleaning inspection each day of all the areas that are designated to clean i.e. the rooms, offices and all public areas.
- Carry out planned task observations on the cleaning staff.
- Plan and implement periodic as well as daily cleaning schedules.
- Carry out continuous training program of all the housekeeping staff.
- To be pro–active in all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork within the department.
- Make sure that the laundry if fully operational and clients get their garments cleaned and receiving the garments in the stipulated time frames.
- Plan for staff that have to take leave to comply to HSE/HR polices and take time off to rest
How to Apply:
An application letter, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and contactable references and letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25th August, 2017
Please indicate the job title and location in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Chamba Valley Exotic Hotel,
P.O Box 38836,
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com