Website Expedia Digital Solutions LTD
"Provider of Smart, Robust & Reliable Payment Solutions"
Expedia Digital is a leading Zambian fintech company that offers reliable e-payment solutions to businesses and governments. We are currently seeking interns to join our team in the following positions:
1. Office Manager:
As Office Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the office, managing schedules and appointments, handling administrative tasks, coordinating with different teams within the company, and providing support to senior management. As an office manager in a tech company, your job duties will include:
- Maintaining office equipment and supplies: This includes ordering and stocking office supplies, maintaining office equipment, and ensuring that everything is in good working order. Additionally, you will also be responsible for managing the inventory of technology equipment, such as laptops, projectors, and other office equipment specific to the tech industry.
- Managing office finances: This includes managing budgets, monitoring expenses, and working with accounting and finance departments as needed.
- Coordinating office operations: This includes managing office schedules, coordinating meetings and appointments, and handling correspondence and other communications.
- Maintaining records and files: This includes managing electronic and physical records, organizing files, and ensuring that confidential information is protected. Additionally, you may be responsible for managing digital files, such as cloud-based storage systems or document management software.
- Ensuring office safety and security: This includes implementing safety procedures and protocols, ensuring that emergency plans are in place, and monitoring the office for potential security threats.
- Developing and implementing office policies and procedures: This includes creating policies and procedures that promote efficient and effective operations, and ensuring that they are followed by staff members. This may also include drafting and implementing policies specific to the tech industry, such as cybersecurity policies or technology usage policies.
- Liaising with other departments and external stakeholders: This includes working with other departments within the organization, as well as external stakeholders such as clients, vendors, and government agencies. Additionally, you may also be responsible for managing relationships with technology vendors or service providers.
A background in business administration, finance, or a related field is preferred. Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills are necessary.
2. Tech Support:
Providing technical support to customers, troubleshooting technical issues, installing and configuring software and hardware, maintaining the company’s website and other digital platforms, and working closely with the development team. your job duties will include:
- Assisting with technical support: This includes working alongside experienced tech support professionals to provide assistance to customers who are experiencing technical issues. This can involve answering phone calls, responding to emails, and providing support through chat or other online platforms.
- Learning to diagnose technical issues: A tech support intern will work alongside experienced professionals to learn how to diagnose technical issues by troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of problems.
- Learning to provide solutions: Once the cause of a technical problem has been identified, a tech support intern will learn how to provide solutions or workarounds to customers. This can involve walking the customer through a process or providing remote access to fix the issue.
- Documenting issues and solutions: A tech support intern will learn how to maintain accurate records of all technical issues and solutions. This can include creating helpdesk tickets or documenting solutions in a knowledge base.
- Providing training and guidance: In addition to providing technical support, a tech support intern may assist with training customers on how to use specific products or software.
- Staying up-to-date with technology: A tech support intern will be expected to stay up-todate with the latest technology and products in order to provide effective support.
Overall, a tech support intern will gain hands-on experience working in a fast-paced technical support environment, and will learn valuable skills related to troubleshooting, problem-solving, and customer service. The internship may also provide an opportunity to network with professionals in the field and to gain exposure to different areas of the technology industry.
A background in computer science, information technology, or a related field is preferred. Strong technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and customer service skills are necessary.
3. Business Development Officer:
Overall, the business development officer intern will gain hands-on experience working in a fast-paced business development environment, and will learn valuable skills related to market research, relationship-building, marketing strategy development, proposal creation, contract negotiation, and partnership development. The internship may also provide an opportunity to network with professionals in the field and to gain exposure to different areas of the business world. Your duties will include:
- Conducting market research: A business development officer intern will conduct market research to identify new business opportunities and to stay up-to-date with trends in the industry. This can involve analyzing market data, researching competitors, and identifying potential customers.
- Assisting with identifying potential clients: A business development officer intern will assist with identifying potential clients and developing relationships with key decisionmakers in order to generate new business.
- Assisting with developing marketing strategies: A business development officer intern will assist with developing marketing strategies to promote the company’s products and services to potential clients. This can involve creating marketing materials, developing social media campaigns, and attending trade shows or other events.
- Assisting with creating proposals and presentations: A business development officer intern will assist with creating proposals and presentations to showcase the company’s products and services to potential clients. This can involve conducting research, developing content, and creating visual aids.
- Learning to negotiate contracts: A business development officer intern will learn to negotiate contracts with clients, including pricing, terms and conditions, and delivery schedules.
- Learning to develop partnerships: A business development officer intern will learn to develop partnerships with other companies or organizations to expand the company’s reach and increase its revenue.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends: A business development officer intern will be expected to stay up-to-date with trends in the industry and to make recommendations for new business opportunities.
A background in business administration, marketing, or a related field is preferred. Excellent communication, analytical, and sales skills are necessary.
Please email all applications, including your application and curriculum vitae, in PDF format to [email protected]