Zambia Information and Communications Technology College (ZICTC)
Zambia ICT College
The Zambia Information & Communications Technology College Limited (ZICTC) is a Government owned Technical and Business College registered under the Technical, Educational, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA). The college is based in Ndola, and offers locally and internationally accredited professional and academic programmes, and a range of other products and services. Over the past few years, the construction of state of the art infrastructure has coincided with tremendous growth in program offering and student enrollments. Our plan is to grow even more, and become Zambia’s premier center of ICT training and smart solutions.
We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals who are change agents, and passionate about making a significant and positive contribution to the education sector in Zambia. If you are such an individual possessing necessary qualifications and competencies, you are encouraged to apply for one of the following positions:
FACILITIES AND LOGISTICS OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Job purpose: To provide technical and on-site supervision in all cleaning, repair, renovation, maintenance and construction works in the college; and assist in quality control, job site safety, compliance to established specifications/standards, and ensuring that work proceeds according to schedule, budget and signed contracts.
1. Schedule and conduct regular inspections of infrastructure/assets for scheduled or emergency cleaning, repair, renovation, maintenance and/or construction works;
2. Assist in the coordination of the preparation and modification of cleaning/repair/renovation/maintenance/construction schedules, designs, bills of quantity, and environmental impact documents, as appropriate;
3. Supervise all cleaning/repair/renovation/maintenance/construction works to ensure compliance to contracts, quality standards, engineering plans, scope of work and safety regulations.
4. Identify contractor non-compliance with safety, health, scheduling, construction and environmental quality standards, and recommend appropriate action.
5. Assist in the management of a well maintained transport fleet
6. Assist in various administrative functions such as supervision of junior staff and preparation of budgets, reports and contracts.
7. Assist in ensuring the asset register is always up to date, and insurance of necessary assets is undertaken as required
8. Recommend and initiate viable cost effective maintenance initiatives; and income generating ventures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Full Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 5 ‘O’ levels, including English and Mathematics
2. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Economics, Architecture, Civil Engineering or related fields
3. At least 3 years post qualification work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
4. Membership to relevant professional body, such as the Engineering institute of Zambia
Core competencies and attributes required
1 Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical diagrams; and experience with diagnostic and quality measuring tools
2. Good computer skills; and ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
3. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
4. Willingness to work in outdoor settings, with a lot of walking, climbing, bending, and wearing appropriate safety gear.
5. Ability to supervise contractors and lead assigned staff including prioritising and scheduling work assignments.
6. Good customer relations and emotional intelligence in dealings with students, staff, and the public in a diplomatic and patient manner
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. Furthermore, the Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Furthermore, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
All applications should be received by the undersigned by 17.00 hours on Friday, 20th November, 2020.
Zambia Information and Communications Technology College
Kalewa Road, Northrise
P.O. Box 71601
Or soft copies to [email protected]