To manage the factory and ensure that it is running optimally and that all the equipment is kept in an original, standard and running at the most efficient and optimum level. You are expected to lead and supervise the entire Factory team.
- Your Job as our Trainee Engineer is, in conjunction with the factory manager and individual machinery requirements, to plan, schedule, install, inspect, maintain, repair, and adjust our processing and production machinery and equipment to ensure its proper operation in the plant. Your role is vital in keeping production lines running and the business profitable.
- You are responsible for the staff in the maintenance team, you will ensure the highest level of discipline time management, safety and hygiene is maintained and that staff utilization is at its optimum.
- You will take action on misconduct and disciplinary measures where appropriate and where necessary in conjunction with the factory manager and administration department.
- You have to ensure that the machinery in our plants is maintained on time and regularly. Breakdowns and delays with one machine can hinder the plants and indeed the entire company’s operation, which is costly for the company. The best way to do this is through preventive maintenance as scheduled in the system.
- You need to identify potential breakdowns and fix problems before any real damage or delays occur.
- You must be alert and inspect machinery daily and if you notice that a machine is vibrating, rattling, or squeaking, or if the machine is producing damaged or sub-standard products then you need to attend to it.
- You must maintain in good condition in an organized manner all the factory tools.
- In the case of welding requirements and or repairs beyond your team’s abilities you will be required to liaise with the automotive team to assist in soldering or welding work.
- It is your job to troubleshoot the entire plant’s operations record faults and repairs.
- You must inspect the equipment, service, oil and grease moving components, and clean and repair parts, and you need to keep detailed maintenance records on the equipment you have serviced. You will have refer to the equipment diagrams, blueprints and engineering specifications to maintain and fix equipment. In addition to the use and care of machine and hand tools, you need to have knowledge of and be able to set and operate all equipment.
- You must have knowledge of, lubrication, and adjustment of the machinery and equipment you maintain. You must set equipment so that quality is maintained and damages are minimized.
- When breakdowns occur, you may have to partially or completely disassemble a machine to make the necessary repairs. You may have to replace worn bearings, adjust clutches, and replace and repair defective parts. You are also responsible for ensuring that the factory manager has the information required to order replacement parts from the machinery’s manufacturer. If no parts are available, they may have to make the necessary replacements, using milling machines, lathes, or other tooling equipment or taking them to the engineering company. After the machine is reassembled, you have to make adjustments to set it for operating settings. You often have to work with the machine’s regular operator to test it and handover. When repairing electronically controlled machinery, you have to work closely with electricians who maintain the machine’s electronic parts.
- You are required to use Safety procedures and lockout methods whilst conducting work on hazardous work.
- Installations of Machinery are common in our plant. As we invest in new equipment, we rely on you in conjunction with the GM, factory manager, production manager, quality officer, safety officer and plans to properly situate and install the machinery.
- Because of technological advances, you should be willing to learn the requirements of new machines and production techniques. When we purchases new equipment, the equipment’s manufacturer will often train you in proper operation and maintenance. So you need to be adaptable and to have inquiring minds.
- You need to always ensure personal and product safety and remember that we produce a food that requires that you always leave the machine in a spotless condition after working on it.
- Your duties as a Trainee Engineer include ensuring the factory, staff processing areas, utility areas, surrounds, water and electricity channels are kept safe functional and clean.
- You need to wear protective clothing and equipment, such as hard hats and safety belts, glasses, and shoes and ear protection.
- You need to work with little supervision and need to be able to supervise and work well with others. You need to be flexible and respond to changing priorities, which can result in interruptions that pull you off one job to repair a more urgent problem.
- You need to manage your time correctly so that during the slower production periods and temporary shutdowns this is the best time to overhaul equipment.
- You are responsible for correct disposal and storage of potential pollutants such as used oil, grease, papers, scrap metal, empty boxes, saw dust and any other waste as may come from the workshop.
- You are responsible for keeping the workshop and its’ surrounding as neat, tidy and organized as possible so that you are able to function as efficiently as possible.
- You are responsible for ensuring that food safe pest control measures are in place and are carried out to ensure that pests are eliminated from the factory.
- You will be required to perform any work duties as assigned by your manager.
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Should be a member of EIZ
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience either as a permanent employee or as an intern in manufacturing industry.
- Good verbal communication skills in English
- Strong attention to detail with ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a team
Candidates meeting the above are to send their applications to [email protected] before 30th October 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.