Family Development Initiatives
Background Family Development Initiatives (FDI) will be implementing a community-led monitoring (CLM) project in all the 14 districts of the Eastern province of Zambia supported by US PEPFAR. The project aims to improve health outcomes among People Living with HIV (PLHIV) through the use of community-level data to increase access to and utilization of HIV and AIDS services. Using lived experiences of PLHIV, the project will use systematic quantitative and qualitative data collection approaches to identify barriers and gaps to HIV services and identify solutions on how to fill those gaps in order to improve the quality, availability, accessibility, and utilization of HIV and AIDS services at the local level.
Reporting to the Project Officer, Data Use and Knowledge Management, the Data Quality Associates will collect and enter CLM project data into a specified electronic data management system. The following will be the data collection sites. Site 1: Chadiza supporting Vubwi; Site 2: Chipata supporting Chipangali; Site 3: Lundazi supporting Lumezi and Chasefu; Site 4: Petauke supporting Nyimba and Lusangazi; Site 5: Mambwe supporting Kasanengwa; and Site 6: Katete supporting Sinda
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conducting interviews with PLHIVs in the allocated site;
- Validating and ensuring that the collected data is accurate;
- Uploading data on the CLM data management system;
- Provide regular updates to the Project Officer – Data Use and Knowledge Management on the various experiences encountered during data collection;
- Be willing to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and as required for a short period of time.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with USG and PEPFAR reporting requirements will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated understanding in data/information quality principles, analysis and practices.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams, ability to follow directions, ability to manage completion of multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Diploma in: Information Science, Computer Science, a quantitative discipline in: Science, Health Administration, Public Health or related healthcare field
Qualifying candidates can apply by forwarding their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and qualifications to [email protected] and copy in [email protected]. Address your applications to the “Lead – HR and Admin”. Applications should be submitted no later than Wednesday 25th January 2023. Any submissions received after this date will not be accepted. Please note that all these jobs are immediate and qualifying candidates will be expected to commence their duties by February 1st 2023.
NB: Please clearly indicate which role you are applying for. For the Data Quality Associate role, clearly indicate which site you are applying for.