Website Family Legacy
The Assistant Finance Manager is responsible for managing accounts payable and tracking programs operational expenses. This include overseeing vendors, general ledger posting, and other financial activities. The Assistant Finance Manager will work closely with the finance manager to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance to internal controls and regulatory requirement
Dimensions of the Role
The Assistant Finance Manager reports directly to the Finance Manager
- Management of accounts payable, ensuring complete, accurate and timely posting of vendor transactions in procurify
- Ensures that accounts payables are operating effectively and efficiently and are in line with financial policy, procedures, and guidelines
- Monitor program expenses and ensure that all grant related costs are appropriately stated in the general ledger
- Ensuring all disbursements are accurately coded and documented.
- Ensures that adequate accounting records are maintained in order to timely record of all financial transactions
- Participation in the development and implementation of risk management, financial policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls and processes, and ZRA requirements.
- Preparation for annual external audit
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet items
- Assist the finance manager in preparation of financial reports
- Provide financial analysis to support key internal stakeholders
- Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 5 credits
- A bachelors in accounting with full professional qualification such as CIMA/ACCA/CA
- Paid up member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting and financial management.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Honest, reliable, and able to work under pressure
Other skills / Success factors:
- Demonstrate commitment to FLMZ mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrates high level of confidentiality
- Team player
- Share knowledge and experience.
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning and development and apply newly acquired skills.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and offering points of view.
- Solicits feedback from co-workers about the impact of his/her behavior.
- Ability to network and be relational.
- Ability to work as a team and be accountable for any decisions made.
- Adhere to deadlines
- Experience in NGO Accounting
How to apply:
Follow the link here and complete the application process by sending your CV and qualifications clearly labelling the position applied for in the subject line to [email protected]