Family Legacy Missions Zambia
Family Legacy Missions Zambia is a Non Governmental Organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia. The organization supports orphaned and vulnerable children in Zambia through education sponsorship programmes and accommodation facilities.
Suitably qualified individuals are invited to apply for the following position:
Child Protection Officer x4
The job of the Child Protection Officer is to create an environment which will enable students to feel safe and comfortable to open up when applicable. It is the responsibility of the Campus Level Child Protection Officer to ensure implementation of Family Legacy’s Child Protection policy and continue to identify and minimize unsafe situations.
- Ensure continual implementation of the Child Protection Policy
- Identify on campus risks of child safety and implement improvement strategies and measures to improve said risks
- Risk assessments to be used as a regular practice in operations, people and programs
- Identify and minimize unsafe situations in good time
- Conduct follow-ups and regular home visits
- Address on campus staff concerns around Child Protection
- Advising of staff, students, and community on concerns/reports of child abuse
- Report on all concerns and/or incidents of child protection to direct supervisor; work with designated staff on further investigations including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and conduct initial investigation of child abuse allegations to determine if external or internal are concerned
- Conduct follow ups on all students who exceed the absenteeism requirement and submit reports to Child Protection supervisor.
- Ensure a high standard of confidentiality in all reporting
- Practice clear communication with direct supervisors and stakeholders.
- Maintaining ongoing, up to date, and accurate records on the safety of the SP’s both on and off campus
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on SP’s and necessary follow ups
- Maintain an updated case load of high priority follow ups
- Ensure all findings of an investigation are recorded and communicated to the necessary staff/departments
- Submit disclosure report forms to supervisor
- Manage SP non-academic files, which included counselling logs, steps plans, documentation of interventions, etc.
- The Employee shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor.
Other skills / Success factors:
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and offering points of view.
- Ability to network and be relational
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Social Work
How to Apply:
Applications composed of CV and scanned academic certificates should be sent one word or PDF document to [email protected] , clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line or hand delivered to plot 78/100 off lake road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date is 27th July 2018.