Website Family Legacy
Family Legacy (FL) is a faith-based, Christian, God-led organization that exists to glorify God by equipping children in Zambia to live out their God-given potential. Since 2000, Family Legacy (FL) has been working in the compounds of Lusaka Zambia to transform the lives and future of vulnerable and orphaned children.
One of the program departments within Family Legacy Missions Zambia is Excel Beyond. This program was created to give high school graduates the opportunity to maximize their educational and career potentials beyond high school. Excel Beyond exists to launch equipped and godly young adults into the workforce. The Program Manager, oversees the function of the various programs and coordinates the work of the staff within Excel Beyond to facilitate this mission.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Program Manager reports to the Director of Programs.
- The Program Manager is responsible for maintaining communication within the Excel beyond Management team both in Zambia and in the US.
- The Program Manager is responsible for supervising the Deputy Program Manager(s) for Excel Beyond to determine the budgetary needs of the department and compiling the total Excel Beyond annual budget Program.
- The Program Manager is responsible for monitoring the request for and disbursement of funds in the Excel Beyond budget.
Oversight of Excel Beyond
- Develop, monitor and evaluate strategic goals and plans for the EB Program and its component parts.
- Cast vision for the overall program’s future encouraging improvements to the program in line with the overall goals of FLMZ.
- Develop and monitor the Excel Beyond annual budget.
- Communicates with the Deputy Program Manager(s) to stay abreast of issues that affect the program.
- Evaluate, encourage and provide appropriate feedback on performance of Excel Beyond staff.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring and retention of staff for the EB Program as needed for program growth.
Evaluation of Strategic Partners
- Current Partnerships: Maintain awareness of the capabilities of the institutions we partner with and provide accurate information and assessment of the value of that partnership going forward.
- Potential Partnerships: Seek out new strategic partnerships that would be of benefit to the purpose of the ministry and cultivate relationships with them.
Liaison between strategic partners and Family Legacy
- Help facilitate good communication channels between strategic partners and Family Legacy.
Communication with Family Legacy and Student Sponsors
- Provide timely, accurate and valuable information regarding the experience of each student to the rest of the Excel Beyond team both in Zambia as well as in the USA.
- Risk Management: Proactively monitor the components of Excel Beyond to ensure key risks are mitigated in a timely manner.
- Reporting: Facilitate the provision of quarterly reports on students for submission to stateside office for sponsor communication. Provide other information in a timely manner when requested.
- Child Protection: Provides oversight in cooperation with other staff to ensure the compliance and coherence of Family Legacy’s Child Protection Policy and social media guidelines to safeguard and protect children from all forms of harm and abuse.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors required to achieve role’s objectives
- Grade 12 certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent
- At least 3 years work experience in a similar position.
- Fluency in English spoken and written
- Competency in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Valid Zambia Driver’s License
Skills Specific to Post:
- Demonstrates commitment to FL mission, vision, and values.
- Exhibits and promotes Christian principles of servant leadership in decision making and working with other members of staff, especially in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrates success working with senior higher education, university leadership and development partners.
- Develops, motivates, and manages Excel Beyond team members by setting and holding high standards for performance.
- Promotes innovation and learning amongst team members to achieve goals.
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and written.
- Gains, develops and retains credibility for personal relationships with others.
- Ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural environment.
- Creates strong direction for own part of organisation to serve the needs in the overall Family Legacy context.
- Strong analytical skills in problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong management skills in coaching, problem solving and people management.
- Ability to work effectively with others on a team and independently, especially under pressure.
- Excellent listener who understands and shows sensitivity to the needs of others/other programs
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Financial management and budgeting skills
- Ability to adapt personal views to get best outcome for the ministry.
- Cooperates effectively with other departments for the benefit of the ministry.
- Aware of own strengths, weaknesses and pro-active in using feedback for self-development.
- Aware of impact on others and uses impact to create positive work environment.
- Positive about change and able to cope well with ambiguity and support others in doing so.
- Willingly shares knowledge and experience for the benefit and growth of the team.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development and apply newly acquired skills.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and ills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices.
- Solicits feedback from co-workers about the impact of his/her behavior
Other competencies and Values.
- Commitment to excellence
- Building and maintaining biblically based relationships
- Communicating effectively
- Strategic decision making
- ersonal commitment to children’s development and protection
Email your CV to [email protected] and follow the link below to complete the application process.