Nanga Farms Ltd
Nanga Farms Ltd. is a large irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated near Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of Sugarcane and the rearing of 1,400 head of Cattle. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:-
Reporting to the Sugarcane Manager, the purpose of the job is to manage all aspects of the farm as a stand-alone business unit with the view of maximizing Cane yields, while ensuring that agronomic practices result in the long-term sustainability of the farm.
Key Performance areas
- To plan, organize and control all operational activities on Commercial Farm from land preparation and planting to post harvest ratoon management.
- To formulate, communicate and monitor fertilizer, weed control and pest and disease control programmes on Commercial Farm in accordance with the respective Company policies.
- To manage the Agronomy Section across Nanga Farms and propose recommendations for improved Agronomic practices for approval by the Sugarcane Manager.
- To manage pest and disease inspections of all seed cane nursery fields at Nanga and monitor seed quality.
- To prepare the annual Farm plan and based on this the annual operating budget for the farm and ensure that labour, materials and plant hire costs are controlled within
- To be responsible for the farm’s manning requirements ensuring that budgeted fixed term and seasonal farm positions are filled and that employees have the requisite knowledge and skills to perform to expected standards.
- To manage the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality system in areas of responsibility.
- To prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports as required.
- To solve problems by liaising with other sections and attending section and departmental meetings.
- To ensure discipline among subordinates.
- To train and coach subordinates.
- And any other work as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with 5 credit in English, Maths, Sciences and any other subjects.
- Degree (preferably) OR Diploma in General Agriculture
- Minimum of Four (4) years’ work experience in similar capacity with traceable references.
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 26th November 2022, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, phone number (s) and email address to: [email protected]
The Human Resources Officer,
Nanga Farms Ltd,
P.O. Box 670079,