Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Farm Supervisor.
Project/ Dept: DAPP Mumena Farm
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Centre Manager and Project Coordinator
Job Summary: To Manage the Farm productions and marketing of the produce for profit.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Management and leadership
- Represents management among district and local stakeholders in the operation area.
- Makes plans for the farm on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis following the overall plan and structures for the program.
- Rehearses and coordinates all plans with the centre Manager and the projects coordinator at NHQ in Ndola.
- Implements the planned programs as agreed upon in the project description ensuring achievement of the set benchmarks are met with quality.
- Develops good and workable systems that will improve production and sales for all productions at the farm.
- Constantly evaluates the progress of planned activities by analysing the production outputs and sales income.
- Secures viable markets for all farm products with competitive prices at all times and shares any changes in price with the project coordinator for approval.
- Keeps track record of all production records, sales and ensures that all income raised is banked.
- Organise coordination meetings every morning with all farm staff and ensures that each staff has a challenging plan for the day.
- Controls all stock records in the stores and ratios usage of feed, fertiliser and other consumables at the farm.
- Prepares and submits quarterly and monthly reports to management/ Prepares and submits weekly key highlights to management.
- Participates in quarterly planning and review meetings.
- Organises field and open days at the centre to share ideas and experiences of agriculture practices.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates the results of farming activities and shares plans with management.
- Ensures that all contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Prepares monthly budgets to be approved by management.
- Manages program expenses within approved budget, ensuring that the program gets value for money.
- Accounts for all monies with quality receipts and other agreed upon documentation and ensures that all the receipts are retired on time.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records, ensuring that the cash management system is adhered to.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all materials received and used within the project following established procedures.
- Safes-guards all DAPP properties and assets.
- Strictly follows procurement procedures before any purchase is made.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in General Agriculture or its equivalent
- 2 years’ experience or more in managing a farm
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours.
- Have integrity.
- Able to ride a motor bike (with valid licence) and conversant with farming equipment’s such as Tractor, plough, disc harrow, ripper, shelling machine, incubator etc.
- Applications with detailed CV’s must be received by 4th November, 2022.
- Indicate the job title as subject of your email.
- Please submit your application to E-mail: [email protected] and copy
Kindly attach academic/professional qualifications as you apply.