Fenix International is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Credit Manager to be a part of revolutionizing credit and financial inclusion for the base of the pyramid. The role will report to the Managing Director and will work cross-functionally with our customer experience, product development, operations, marketing, and technical teams on the ground to help design, execute, assess and refine innovative consumer finance projects at Fenix.
This position offers an incredible opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of a largely unbanked customer base with limited access to traditional finance. The right candidate will be a fierce team player and committed people manager, with a passion for implementing new approaches and seeing them through from idea, to testing, to scale. As Credit Manager, you will be based in Lusaka, Zambia with regular travel to the field. You will lead critical projects that can directly influence customers’ repayment behavior, their positive experience with ReadyPay, and their ongoing loyalty to the brand—all crucial to the success of the business and in increasing access to financing for BOP consumers.
Team culture: Build a team that is passionate about our mission and embodies Fenix values.
Understand: consolidate quantitative and qualitative inputs from our customers to fully understand the repayment performance of our customers.
Innovate: Design, test, and iterate our Zambian Credit Strategies
- Work closely with the Zambia Leadership team and Global Credit team to design data driven credit solutions for our customers
- Design and implement A/B tests to identify the most powerful ways we can improve customer repayment behavior
- Structure and implement customer insight research projects, such as mapping the financial lives of households, to deepen our understanding of what drives repayment behaviors
- Use the data insight from the above to scale any that are effective in improving customer repayment patterns
- Build effective, user- and field-friendly systems, processes, and tools that the teams need to make the largest and most cost efficient impact possible on customer repayment patterns
- Improve the way we collect ongoing quantitative and qualitative data for each customer interaction to gain richer insight into their experience and repayment behavior
- Coordinate with Customer Experience team to define protocols for how different teams interact with customers so that we encourage good repayment behavior in an inclusive and customer-friendly way
Team building: support our field teams
- Mentor the team to continuously build their critical thinking and execution skills so that they can maximize their contributions to Fenix and grow with the company
Global cross-pollination: collaborate with other Fenix market teams & Fenix Global team to leverage best practices from Zambia, implement best practices from abroad and brainstorm solutions to common challenges.
Required Skills & Experience
- Leadership and project management experience.
- We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team, or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase
- High level of comfort working with data
- Commitment to spending time in the field to support and mentor field teams
- Education and work experience in project management, financial services, data analysis, field team management
- Solid understanding of credit and consumer lending
- Commitment to be based in Zambia for at least 2 years
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years minimum work experience
- Passion for Fenix and our customers!
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with data and field staff in a microfinance institution or field research capacity in an emerging market
- Prior experience living and working in Southern or East Africa
Experience working with SQL, Tableau, R, etc.
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, equity and a fun work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.