WWF-World Wide Fund for Nature is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with close to five million supporters and a network active in more than 100 countries on five continents. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Zambia seeks to recruit proficient, energetic and motivated individuals to be part of the team in the following roles:
Kabompo Field Officer (1) – West Lunga National Park & Barotse Field Officer (1)- Mongu
The post holder will be working under the supervision of the Kabompo/Barotse Landscape Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Kabompo/Barotse Landscape Manager to design innovative conservation solutions for collaborative management and protection of ecosystems for provision of ecosystem goods and services.
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of both socio-economic and biological research fieldwork in the Kabompo/Barotse Landscape.
- Coordinate meetings and workshops with communities or other stakeholders in the landscape.
- Support the Kabompo/Barotse Landscape Manager to prepare reports and technical documents when required.
- Implement initiatives to strengthen the communities in project areas through sustainable resource uses of forests, fisheries and wildlife.
- Liaise closely with communities, traditional leaders, district and provincial offices and relevant government departments to ensure synergy and support for site activities.
- Perform any other project related activities/duties as required and directed by the Kabompo/Barotse Landscape Manager.
An MSc degree in the field of Natural Resource Management/ Wildlife or Fisheries Management/ or Biology, Geography or Social Sciences; or Honours degree with significant equivalent research experience. Furthermore, a desire to be based in the North-western/Western Province of Zambia in basic field facilities.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating the position applied for to [email protected] Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Deadline for applications: 20th July 2018.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org