Website Send A Cow- Zambia
Finance and Administration Officer
Send a Cow Zambia. Lusaka, Zambia.
Salary negotiated depending on experience
Full time however, part time working of not fewer than 24 hours per week will be considered.
Fixed term contract until June 2019
Send a Cow is a growing and dynamic international development charity providing training, and ongoing support to smallholder farmers in Africa. We give poor families and communities the hope and the means to secure their own futures from the land, in line with our vision of a confident and thriving rural Africa.
Send a Cow Zambia (SACZ) is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer to:
- Provide regular, accurate and complete financial management information to the Project Manager and relevant internal and external reports to Send a Cow UK and other funders.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are backed by supporting documents and are transparent and timely, in line with SAC finance manual.
- Ensure that all necessary cashbooks, nominal ledgers and salary accounts are maintained on our accounting system in line with the SAC finance manual and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, process petty and cheque payments and manage the petty cash imprest system.
- Work with the community groups to provide support and training in financial matters and record keeping. To ensure that SAC Zambia provides good information to farmer groups on the funds that have been utilised on their behalf and ensuring that any payments to groups follow the SAC finance manual.
The ideal candidate will have a higher diploma in accounting or a degree with a major in accounting. You should also have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience and experience in administration. To be successful in this role you must also have computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Pastel or other accounting packages. It is essential to have the ability to prioritize, manage busy workload and meet deadlines and be fluent in written and spoken English.
Does this sound like you? If so we would love to hear from you. Applications close 9.00am, Zambia Time on 18th August 2017 with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
To apply you are asked to:
- Complete the application form (CVs will not be considered).
- Please also answer, in no more than one side of A4, the following question: What are your three most significant achievements?
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th August 2017, 9.00am (Zambia Time)
Candidates must be available for interview week commencing 21st August 2017.
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com