Website Disability Rights Watch
Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Lusaka, Zambia.
Duration: 12 months contract with possibility of extension
Reports to: Programme Coordinator, Disability Rights Watch
Disability Rights Watch (DRW) is a Disability Service Organisation (DSO) whose strategic purpose is to ensure the effective inclusion of persons with disabilities in development.
The vision of Disability Rights Watch is “persons with disabilities in Southern Africa enjoying and exercising their rights and fundamental freedoms on an equal basis with the rest of society without any form of discrimination on the basis of their disabilities”.
The mission statement of the Disability Rights Watch is “to defend, protect and promote the economic, social, cultural, civil and political rights and fundamental freedoms of persons with disabilities and ensure the respect of their inherent dignity on an equal basis with all others”.
DRW is also engaged in strategic advocacy, including litigation.
DRW seeks to recruit a Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
The Finance and Administration Officer shall have the following specific responsibilities:
- Record all expenditure transactions on manual and computer systems as appropriate.
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts (specifically production of analysed expenditure cash books, ledgers, journal vouchers e.t.c)
- Preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation for all grant accounts.
- Prepare monthly schedules accompanying trial balance used as supporting schedules for the eternal audit
- Prepare and submit statutory payments such as staff pension administered by NAPSA and Pay As You Earn PAYE to Zambia Revenue Authority
- Maintain petty cash float
- Payment of salaries
- Secretary to the Management Finance Meeting
- Any other duties that maybe assigned by management
Profile – Skills, experience and competencies
Possess a minimum of ZICA Licentiate or ACCA Level 2 or CIMA Level Two
Experience in the NGO sector
Knowledge and experience of EU grant management regulations and multiple donor compliance requirements.
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters with copies of their most recent curriculum vitaes with at least three references who can be reached during working by email to [email protected]
The deadline for submissions is 20th April, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com