Jhpiego is recruiting for the position of Finance Assistant – Kasama
JHPIEGO, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health.
At JHPIEGO we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellence; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation, and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing day–to–day financial, administrative, and logistical support for the programs managed by Jhpiego’s Kasama Office in Zambia. S/he will support the Finance Manager based in Lusaka in meeting the day-to-day financial needs of the projects to maintain daily operations in an efficient and effective manner. S/he supports financial arrangements and local support for project activities, facilities local procurement processes and procedures, maintains proper files and filing systems, and helps assure good communication and coordination with partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and follows the Accounting and Administrative Operating systems for the Jhpiego/Zambia portfolio.
- Assist the Finance manager to monitor the fuel account for the project vehicles.
- Ensure all filling is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all expense receipts are tallied and couriered to head office within the stipulated time.
- Receives and reviews for proper documentation and calculation of all expense reports and issues reminders to ensure retirements are made according to the Jhpiego policies.
- Maintain records of individual staff accounts in an Excel spreadsheet. With monthly circulation to the individuals.
- Maintains an inventory system for office equipment by maintaining a monthly inventory update of office equipment
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager or Director of Finance and Administration from time to time.
- Accounting training qualification (part qualified ZICA or Diploma in the relevant field
- At least 3 years experience in project programs funded by international donors.
- Experience in accounting for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of USAID regulations preferred);
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word PowerPoint, and Word Perfect applications (familiarity with QuickBooks preferred)
- Demonstrated integrity and work ethic; able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines;
- Willing to work on a wide range of tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The Finance Assistant must have a successful track record and significant knowledge of and experience in:
- The development, establishment, and implementation of financial, administrative, and logistic support systems for international development projects.
- Familiarity with U.S Government cost principles and regulations preferred
- The ability to work on several major and minor activities simultaneously
- Excellent general administrative skills, including excellent judgment and integrity
- Strong program-related financial management skills, including program budgeting, Procurement, and forecasting.
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The closing date is Friday, May 19, 2023