Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Finance Intern.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Record, reconcile and post Petty cash records in SAP, and file petty cash records in an orderly manner.
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts with Vendor monthly statements and informing the AP Supervisor to make follow ups on reconciling items.
- Process invoices in Pronto under the guidance of the AP Supervisor.
- Match invoices against purchase order and receipt.
- Resolve vendors’ queries assigned by the AP Supervisor on time.
- Preparation and presentation of cost reports for site Management.
- Work with Management Accountants to manage the accruals schedules and make follow ups on transactions that are re-accrued more than three months and understand why invoices have not been posted.
- Any other duties that the Senior Financial Accountant
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce or Part/Full ACCA, CIMA, ZiCA or Equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good computer skills
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.