St. Ignatius College
ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE
VACANCY TO BE FILLED (1)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER POSITION
St Ignatius College in Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia, is a Christian non-profit Catholic Jesuit Secondary School for both girls and boys and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), Province of Malawi and Zambia. St. Ignatius College is a new Secondary School founded in 2018 on strong Jesuit Ethos principles and aspiring to pioneer educational tourism in Zambia through the provision of the state-of-the-art educational infrastructure, including ICT and producing good, upright and responsible students and staff.
The College is Seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual in the role of Finance Manager.
Overall Job Purpose.
The Position of Finance Manager is a senior leadership role and the incumbent is expected to be technically sound in tactical presentations and analyses of all information relating to the financial status of the College. The Finance Manager reports to the College President and will be required to utilise his/her specialized experience in working with risk, audit, financial and budget management models to ensure the College is growing and meeting its strategic objectives. Additionally, the Finance Manager will be expected to advice the Board through its Finance Committee on how best to improve the financial sustainability of the College. In this case, the Finance Manager is expected to keep records of minutes of the Finance Committee of the Board.
Detailed Activities/Responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Custodian and implementor of the Accounting Procedures Manual and the Investment and Endowment Fund policies, among others;
- Financial and management accounts reporting;
- Risk and Audit Management, including financial analysis, financial risk treatment and internal audits;
- Preparation, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the College’s budget;
- Reporting to the Management Committee and providing advice how the College and future business decisions might be impacted;
- Providing leadership to Finance and Accounting areas of the College;
- Providing updated and forward-looking financial reports to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and to provide appropriate responses during Board meetings when called upon;
- Controlling the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Expense Reports, Billing and Payroll;
- Preparing and assisting with developing audit schedules for the annual audit;
- Co-ordinating the preparation of draft audited financial statements and all tax returns;
- Providing for an information management system for synchronizing the student enrolment system with the Accounting system;
- Performing month end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, accounts reconciliations and updating schedules;
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing and student credit management system;
- Ensuring that payments of procured College goods and services follow required procurement procedures and minimizing the usage of a cash-based system at all levels;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining processes and controls that are current best practices related to transactions processing;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance from a reputable University;
- Master’s degree in Finance will be an added advantage;
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant and/or Finance Manager a must;
THE PERSON must:
- Be a Zambian;
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience at senior managerial level as a Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Finance Manager;
- Be knowledgeable in the international and local best financial principles and laws a must;
- Be a Christian and preferably a Catholic with knowledge of Jesuit Ethos will be an added advantage;
- Be a proactive, hands on manager who will take responsibility for the Finance Department;
- Be a strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organise and manage the Finance Department of the College;
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both parents, management and the Board;
- Have excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality;
- Have proven ability to make complex and time sensitive decisions in the best interest of the College;
- Be a result/ performance-oriented person;
- Possess the credibility to forge effective working relationships with senior management and other staff;
- Be of mature disposition with conflict management skills;
- Have tact and diplomacy required in solving problems;
- Have negotiating skills;
- Be creative, enthusiastic and proactive, keen to embrace new ideas and challenges;
- Have confidentiality and integrity skills;
- Have ICT Skills and capacity to building skills;
- Be competent in MS Excel, Word and Accounting Software Package that the College uses; and
- Have a good understanding of whole range of secondary school issues.
In return, the Finance Manager can look forward to a competitive reward and benefits that include pension, life assurance and medical cover.
N.B: Applicants for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the College’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius College strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.
Please apply by submitting a detailed curriculum vitae including three references, certified professional and academic qualifications and a copy of the National Registration Card to the undersigned:
The Human Resource Officer,
St. Ignatius College, Ibex Hill,
P.O. Box 34114
Deadline for submission of applications: June 12,2020.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted Candidates will be communicated to for the position