WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF Zambia is seeking to hire an experienced and motivated individual for the position of Finance Manager to be based in Lusaka (please refer to a detailed JD on our website).
The main function of the role is to ensure a high performing office with efficient financial operating systems supporting conservation impact in line with the WWF Zambia country and global priorities and initiatives.
- Supervises and coordinates the development and timely implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for all financial support services in WWF Zambia, including accounting, financial reporting, auditing, budgeting, internal controls, and adherence to guidelines developed by WWF International and WWF Regional office for Africa.
- Budget development and monitoring: lead the development and monitoring of country office budgets and guides program managers on project budget development and monitoring.
- Financial sustainability: Provides support to the Country Director to develop and implement WWF Zambia financial sustainability plan, and support WWF Zambia fundraising and proposal development efforts.
- Timely and quality reporting: Produces timely quarterly financial reports and management accounts to the Zambia Management Team and to the Regional office, and advises on opportunities for improvement in resource utilisation.
- Risk management: Take a lead role in identifying risks, developing and implementing WWF Zambia risk management strategy.
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or related field; possession of an MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification would be an added advantage;
- Full accounting qualification, i.e., CIMA, ACCA, CIS or equivalent;
- Over 7 years working experience with at least 3 years in a senior Finance and Accounting position preferably in a major international organisation/NGO.
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing and evaluating financial and administrative plans and policies;
- Experience with project level accounting, management and reporting;
- Experience working with government and donors;
- A thorough knowledge of and dexterity with, accounting software’s (ORACLE and ACCPAC will be an added advantage); and
- Experience working with international organizations involved in environmental and/or livelihood issues would be an advantage.
- Zambian Nationals only.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership abilities;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within WWF Zambia and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Experience with project accounting, management and reporting;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results.
- Exemplification of WWF’s key behaviors: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, and Innovate Fearlessly.
How to apply?
Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to The Human Resources Manager-Africa through [email protected] by Friday 22nd February 2019 at 5.00pm Lusaka Time.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.