Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following position
FINANCE OFFICER (Central) – (2 Year Contract) Building Climate Resilience Rural Communities Project
This position is a support position that enables the Building Climate Resilience Rural Communities in Zambia Project Team to achieve their results by providing necessary finance and administration support.
The Finance Officer’s main role is to capture all accounting transactions and provide all necessary financial information of the Program Unit. The incumbent is also responsible for the recording and capturing of all financial transactions and disbursements to ensure that all funds utilized by the Project are accounted for.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Disbursement & Receipt of cash resources
- Enter all receipting into system of all banking transaction for accountability purposes.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure that bank balances are in line with cash book balances.
- Check requests by Project team are in accordance with the Country Program Outline limits to ensure requests on activities are within the set budget limits
- File all payment vouchers, journals and receipts sequentially.
- Capture all data in the General Ledger Accounting Package for all entries.
- Prepare year-end financial schedules and mobilize information
- Monitor that activities done and participant lists provided are gender balanced on quarterly basis with 50/50 participation (participant list to incorporate column for male / female
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Well versed in computerized accounting applications
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant.
- Appreciation of child rights
- Analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 26th June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
Women are especially encouraged to apply.