Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Reporting to: Finance Manager
- Ensure accurate keeping of accounting records by using the QuickBooks system to account for financial transactions for each grant.
- Perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Work with the Finance Manager on cash flow forecasts for programs.
- Review invoices and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper project accounting.
- Produce budget and expense analysis report.
- Prepare and distribute periodic invoices for project reimbursement.
- Work with Project Manager and appropriate country office staff in the development of forecasts, budgets and budget revisions for programs.
- Communicate monthly financial results with appropriate program staff, informing them of financial position of the project.
- Ensure compliance of grants with LWI policies/procedures and donor rules/regulations.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis in response to requests or to provide support to various programs.
- Train and provide ongoing technical assistance to field office finance staff and program partners on best practices for financial management systems in order to increase capacity.
- Identify and recommend cost savings initiatives for program activities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- BS Degree in Finance or closely related field
- A registered and active member of ZICA
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, preferably in the non-profit community, with experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting including grant accounting.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize financial records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Familiar with accounting fundamentals.
- Strong analytical, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of grants and regulations typically acquired with three to five years related experience.
- Capable of managing numerous simultaneous projects.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to multi-task are essential
- License to drive a manual vehicle is preferred
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.