Finance Officer, Zambia Country Program
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as Malaria, Nutrition and Immunization, Policy and Advocacy, Early Child Development, Reproductive Health as well as Tuberculosis (TB) with funding from donors such as The United States Agency for International Development, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Conrad Hilton Foundation.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer to assist in the functions of the finance unit for the Zambia Office. The Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Finance Manager and closely with Zambia operations group. PATH Zambia maintains a centralized accounting system that supports all the six plus projects.
- Review and post payment entries in the Quick Books
- Generate payment vouchers
- Take lead in the uploading of online payments and distribute proofs of payments to clients
- Create beneficiaries’ details on the banking platform for online payments
- Act as custodian of all valuable documents (e.g. cheque books, insurance documents etc.)
- Assist in payroll preparations.
- Assist in the uploading of the payroll for payment.
- Act as back up bank agent
- Keep safe custody of debit cards and assist in activation of debit cards, as required.
- Preparation and submission of monthly tax payments to the Zambia Revenue Authority platform.
- Sharing of receipts and certificates from ZRA with the vendors.
- Assist in monthly bank reconciliations
- Monitoring of the weekly scanning of financial documents before the uploading process
- Uploading of Field Office Financial Report (FOFR) documents on Box
- Accountancy Degree or professional level of the Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA) or managerial level of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) with minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks is a must.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy team environment.
- MS Office computer skills is essential.
- Must have valid ZICA Membership
- Must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of Zambian tax systems as well as labour requirements.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations is an added advantage.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
This position remains open for applications until 25th January 2017
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=302922&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1013109&startflag=1 →