ZAMBIA FORESTRY AND FOREST INDUSTRIES CORPORATION LIMITED
The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation Limited (ZAFFICO) is a parastatal organization responsible for establishing and managing exotic forest plantations in the country. The Corporation’s mission is to establish and sustainably manage forest plantations and supply quality wood and other forest products to its clients.
In pursuance of its mission, the Corporation is inviting applications from suitably qualified ard experienced candidates for the under listed position:
1.0 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (1 POSITION) (3 YEARS CONTRACT)
1.1 JOB PURPOSE
To provide accurate comprehensive and timely financial accounting information for effective planning and decision making.
1.2 MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB HOLDER
- Preparation of Financial Statements according to Financial Reporting standards.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly cash flow forecast reports.
- Reconciliation of the debtors, creditors control accounts and other general ledgers accounts.
- Ensure that timely bank reconciliations are prepared.
- Follow up over due cebtors accounts and payment of creditors on a timely basis.
- Ensure that revenue collected is banked on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all transactions have been correctly posted to the general ledger and a trial balance is
produced on a timely basis.
- Ensure that the corporation’s VAT returns are submitted on time to ZRA and that reconciliation of the VAT Ledger Accounts is done timely.
- Prepare year end schedules for Audit purposes
1.3 MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Full ACCA/CIMA
- Five (5) years experience from a reputable organization
- Computer Literacy and knowledge ot modern accounting package i.e Sage Pastel Evolution.
- Member of ZICA
- Aged below 45 Years
Interested candidates may submit their application letters, copies of relevant academic certificates and curriculum vitae indicating contact telephone or cell number’s, names and contact addresses of traceable referees and copies of other credentials to the acdrcss below:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCE
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 20th April 2018 at 17:00 hours.