African Parks Zambia
African Parks is a non- profit organisation that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communites. African Parks Zambia (a company limited by shares) has signed a managernent for the management of LPNP and has been in existence for the last 16 years.
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Position Location: Liuwa Plain National Park LPNP – Western Province
JOB PURPOSE: The right candidate will be responsible for running the Kalabo Office. This includes; implementing financial controls as dictated by the finance manual of African Parks; setting up a stores system; training the team as to their responsibililies with finances: creating a reporting structure for the different Heads or Departments so that they are aware of their budgets; direct and control the administration of all financial, treasury and accounting activities in accondance with APN policy and in compliance with fiscal, legal and statutory requirements of the host country.
Reporting to: Senior Financial Controller
1. Accounting and Reporting
- Supervise the recording, classifying, and summarizing of financial transactions of African Parks Zambia and ensuring that proper update and maintenance of the accounts to ensure that the sererenic accounting system provides the basis for an efficient financial information system for both intemal and external users and that it is compliant with the internationally accepted accounting principles, legal and statutory requirements of Zambia.
- Ensure the timelines of required financial reports to projects managers, donors, govemment partners, senior financial controller – Zambia and APN
2. Treasury and Cash Management
- Prepare the monthly cash flow projections and monitor the continued availability of funds to cover the requirements of the project.
- Review and ensure that disbursements are properly supported with relevant evidental documentation
- Ensure that cash and bank balances are within the records maintained.
3. Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist in the planning and budgeting for the project
- Take the lead in the financial plans and budgets ensuring that the assumptions parameters, guidelines, and policies in planning are complied with
- Review and monitor budget performance or the project and provide recommendations.
- Provide cost data of the various resource inputs to project personnel to enable them prepare and update budgets
4. Internal Control Environment
- Continuously review the adequacy of internal controls to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information, protection of assets, adherence to policies, systems and procedures.
- Ensure the systems and procedures in place to enable accurate preparation and disbursement of the payroll in compliance with statutory requirements
6. Due Diligence and Audit
- Co-ordinates wth the auditors in the external audit of the African Parks Zambia. This will include of the reporting pack and necessary notes to the accounts.
- Provide draft responses to the audit management letter including coordinating inputs from the programme, human resources, administration and other units as necessary.
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Must be Zambian Citizen
- Relevant experience in working with international organizations will be added advantage
- Honest, highly organized, responsible, motivated and able to make initiative under minimal supervision
- Sober character and of good standing in the community
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in diverse professional backgrounds
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- ACCA, CIMA or ZICA finalist
- Post graduate qualification in accounting or Finance discipline from an internationally recognized institution
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project finance and accounting
- Must be a member of ZICA
HOW TO APPLY
If you fully meet the hiring requirements for any of the above positions, please email your CV and Cover letter to:
Note that, all communication will be kept in the strictest confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Closing Date: Wednesday, 14th October, 2020