Position Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Park Manager
Location: Liuwa Plain National Park
Type of contract: Fixed Contract
Financial Controller is a senior management role that overseas all functions of an organization’s finance and accounting department, including but not limited to compliance, controls, donor and partner management, reporting, budgets and staff capacity building. Ensure that all financial compliance and audit requirements are met while ensuring that all financial data is accurately entered into The African Park financial system. He/she will provide support and advice to senior management, budget managers on donor compliance issues and budget monitoring. The incumbent will oversee the timely completion of the management accounts and their distribution to budget holders, and prepare draft financial and budget reports for review by the Regional Finance Manager in accordance with the African Park financial procedure.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- The Financial Controller is responsible for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the company’s day-to-day financial and accounting operations as well as regular reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and year-end).
- Budgets and budget revisions according to the relevant budget cycle.
- Monitor the timely submission of budgets by budget holders and undertake the revision of budget submissions to confirm that they reflect as accurately as possible as per the financial impact of the proposed activities.
- Help consolidate finalized budget data in the standard budget file.
- Generate revised budget codes based on the revised budget.
- Ensure that appropriate and up-to-date classification and documentation of budget information in paper and electronic form is in place.
- Financial Reporting Pack according to the Concern Reporting Cycle.
- Preparation of the Financial Report by producing a draft for review by the RFM.
- Help respond to headquarters comments on the FRP.
- Correctly classify the final FRP after feedback, both on paper and electronically.
- Undertake a periodic joint (at least quarterly) review of the management accounts with budget holders on the basis of agreed arrangements.
- Review of transactions processed by accountants/cashiers.
- Monthly reconciliations for the closure of accounts.
Donor management (budgeting, reporting, archiving)
- Ensure that all relevant donor directives, policies, circulars and procedures are readily available, streamlined and adhered to during grant planning, implementation and closure.
- Liaise closely with the FRM with regards to programs and prepare/update a schedule of all reports to be submitted during the year. Ensure donor reports are prepared on time.
- Participate in the joint periodic review of donor relations with budget holders, as planned.
- Perform budget eligibility tests against donor guidelines/requirements when developing the new budget.
- Represent the finance department in the process of developing new proposals/budgets.
- Ensure that there is appropriate and up-to-date documentation, in both paper and electronic form, regarding the budget and donor reports.
- Degree in Accounting and Full ACCA or CIMA or ZICA with 5 years of experience
- Must be a register member of ZICA.
- Previous experience with any Donor-funded programs or External Audit.
- Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
- Proficiency with accounting software.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 10 August 2022.