The principal purpose of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) role is to establish, implement and enforce a robust Risk Management framework and systems (policies, processes, and tools) covering the ten key risks defined by FINCA’s Global Risk management function. The CRO supports Management in creating and maintaining a sound Risk and Internal Control environment within the agreed risk appetite determined by FINCA Zambia’s Management Board.
- Support business in developing appropriate Risk Management strategies.
- Overseeing and enforcing Risk Management policies and established risk limits to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities.
- Monitor risks through relevant Key Risk Indicators (KRI), that are quantified, effectively measured and thoroughly analysed to ensure the business functions satisfactorily within established risk appetites.
- Conduct analysis of operations of FINCA Zambia to identify risks and make recommendations for preventive actions. This includes implementation of Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program in the subsidiary.
- Timely investigation, analysis, and reporting of compliance issues and instances of fraud, which can negatively affect the FINCA Zambia’s operations and reputation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or related fields of study; advanced or graduate-level degree is desirable.
- Qualification/certification in Risk Management, AML/KYC compliance & internal controls is preferred.
If you meet the set criteria and would need to be considered for the above mentioned position, you are encouraged to submit your credentials to [email protected] not later than Wednesday 9th September, 2020.