The procurement Officer is responsible for infrastructural development projects, vendor management and ensures that the institution maximizes value for money. He/she ensures that a well-organized and efficient procurement function is in place in order to provide a reliable, timely and quality support services and makes sure that procurement policies and procedures are followed.
Duties and responsibilities includes:
- Conducting Vendor due diligence prior to tender selection.
- Tender box management to ensure transparency in the biding process.
- Prepare documentation and bid analysis for evaluation and approval of purchases by the procurement committee.
- Concept paper and proposal writing.
- Tender processing.
- Availability of utilities.
- Capital expenditure performance versus budget
- Operating expenditure within budget.
- Leases are managed or renewed on time.
- Rental costs are within budget.
- Degree or its equivalent in any business related program, or any requisite field.
- Minimum of there (3) years related experience.
- ZIPS or CIPS membership will be added advantage.
- Good negotiation Skills.
- Experience in Tender management and proposal writing.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and word is a must.
If you meet the set criteria and would need to be considered for the above mentioned position, you are encouraged to submit your credentials to [email protected] not later than Friday 9th October, 2020.