Finger Lickin' Foods
We are looking for a creative bakery chef to be responsible for crafting delicious pastry foods for our bakery. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Bakery Chef Responsibilities:
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the bakery and liaising with other team members to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing and managing all orders received from customers on time and within budget.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the bakery adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
Pastry Chef Requirements:
- Proven work experience of 2 years as a Chef in an established bakery.
- Hands-on experience with various bakery equipment (e.g. Deck Ovens, Mixers and bread slicers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations