We currently have career opportunities for FITTERS (x2).
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor – Field Mechanical, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of a range of mechanical fixed plant, equipment and tools in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
What you will be expected to do to reach success and optimal performance:
- Install and modify new and existing mechanical plant and equipment in accordance with technical standards, drawings and regulatory requirements.
- Dismantle and assemble mechanical plant and equipment using a range of hand-held, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Troubleshoot and carry out fault analysis investigation on a range of substation mechanical equipment to determine root causes of mechanical faults and breakdowns.
- Assist to deliver planned and repair maintenance to drive safe and reliable system assets through diligent work execution and equipment improvements.
- Actively participate in maintenance planning and support spare requirements planning and accurately capture maintenance information on the Maintenance Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool.
- Carry out all work tasks and assignments in strict compliance with applicable HSE policies and standards.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- A Grade 12 School Certificate.
- An Advanced Certificate in Mechanical Fitting.
- To be fully accredited as Registered Technician or Registered Craftsman of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- At least 2 years’ experience in the maintenance of fixed plant equipment and associated infrastructure in the extractive or electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Proven ability to read mechanical drawings and follow work instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand maintenance manuals and assembly drawings.
- Hands-on experience and proficient use of maintenance equipment and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems, lubrication, power transmission including bearings, gearing, sprockets and couplings, fans, shaft alignment, bolting, hydraulic bolting and flange management.
- Sound knowledge in the construction, installation, maintenance, repairs and fault-finding of mechanical aspects and systems of high voltage equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers and other equipment.
If you have the relevant experience & skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the file name of your application (e.g., Rex Mwewa_Fitter). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
Applicants are requested to provide day time contact telephone numbers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (“CEC”), is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power transmission, generation, distribution and supply company; accounting for around 50% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometres of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral-rich region of the Copperbelt, and owns the Zambian portion of the transmission interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org