At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- To ensure that all reagents are dosed to the flotation circuit to enable maximum extraction of copper from the ore processed. To do this while keeping people safe, protecting the equipment, and ensuring that no discharges occur to environment
Specific Job Responsibility
- Area of accountability is the reagent delivery systems from point of offtake at the discharge side of reagent delivery pumps, to point of delivery to the process. Specific systems include pH modifier (lime), activator (NaSH or Na2S), collector (Sodium Ethyl Xanthate, Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate, MX), frother and depressant (starch).
- Wear your PPE
- Follow KML safety procedures and guidelines
- Undertake any ad hoc or non-routine requests assigned by your supervisor
- Complete operating checks according to instructions given by the supervisor and deliver to the supervisor prior to end of each shift.
- Communicate issues in reagent delivery that will affect the Flotation Operator, such as incorrect mixing strength, issues with batch quality, flowability or other.
- Keep records of reagent inventories to enable reagent dosages to be tracked.
- Manage the dosing of test and trial reagents according to the directions of the metallurgist
Job Specific Competencies
- Ensure that prior to end of each day shift that sufficient quantities of each reagent are available for overnight use without further mixing.
- Clean up if spillage occurs inside the bunded area
Key Job Attributes
- Strong drive to maximise production and improve the circuit operations.
- Commitment to SHEC performance;
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability for circuit operations;
- Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the timeframe of one shift;
- Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical & equipment information;
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be diligent and thorough in approach;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- English language fluency.
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, preferably in copper production.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma / Degree in Metallurgy related field
To apply for this job please visit firstquantumcareers.com.