Website Frankfurt Zoological Society
Making Conservation Count
About Frankfurt Zoological Society
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is an international nature conservation organisation based in Frankfurt, Germany that coordinates projects in 18 countries. We envision a world where wildlife and wild lands are cherished and sustainably protected for their intrinsic and economic value. Our mission is to conserve wildlife and ecosystems focusing on protected areas and outstanding wild places.
More than 1,600 colleagues work for FZS conservation projects worldwide. Together we protect biodiversity. Our partners in the projects on site are local communities, nature conservation authorities, national park administrations and other NGOs.
About the Project
FZS Zambia (FZS-ZM) has a rich history of conservation, having been actively involved in the conservation of the North Luangwa landscape since 1986 and the Nsumbu-Tanganyika region since 2017. Our mission at FZS-ZM is to bridge the connection between livelihoods and landscapes through conservation and enrichment efforts. We are dedicated to the continuous expansion of our initiatives, broadening both our geographical reach and thematic focus. These endeavours are made possible through FZS core funding, international government partners, and the contributions of private donors.
As FZS-ZM continues to expand its activities, we are seeking a dynamic and dedicated Chief Finance Officer to join our team. You will play a pivotal role in providing high-level support to Senior Management and ensuring the effective financial management of our projects.
- Oversee financial operations, ensuring compliance with donor-funded requirements.
- Analyse financial data, prepare reports, and provide insights to drive informed decision-making.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to ensure efficient project execution and timeline adherence.
- Communicate financial information with precision to support the organisation’s growth and success.
- Proven experience in financial leadership roles, preferably in the NGO/PBO sector.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on donor-funded projects.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Ability to respond swiftly to challenges and opportunities in a dynamic environment.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, German proficiency is an advantage.
- Engaging and meaningful work with room for your own ideas
- Opportunity to contribute towards the protection of impressive landscapes in Zambia
- Form part of a dynamic and motivated team, as well as the global FZS team, working to secure outstanding wild places
- The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
- A covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this position.
- A comprehensive CV highlighting your relevant experience and achievements.
- Contact details for two referees (who will not be contacted without your permission).
- Please mark your application ‘Chief Finance Officer – FZS Zambia’.
Application Deadline: Monday, 4th December 2023
To apply for this job please visit zoologisch.jobs.personio.de.