CCTV & Access Control Installers x 1
The Technician will be responsible for servicing, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting/diagnostics on access control equipment and IP-based video systems including IP and analogue cameras, head-end video recording devices, wired and wireless systems and intercom systems. Troubleshoot system installations in such a manner as to identify issues and apply the most effective and efficient resolution consistent with company installation standards.
Summary of Key Responsibilities.
- Operating and maintaining surveillance equipment, installing, and maintaining CCTV systems. Evaluate signal quality plus review acceptability delivered subsequent installation.
- Suggest areas where equipment should be set up and where cords should be placed.
- Troubleshooting problems with existing equipment.
- Take the lead in servicing, repairing, troubleshooting, and detecting access control equipment and IP-based video security systems.
- Identify and repair physical security systems as required to ensure operability and compliance with any applicable building code
- Apply all necessary documentation for tracking service-related issues
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Provide phone and online remote diagnostic support
- Testing old and new installation connections.
- Perform with networks, computers and software.
- Support to design and troubleshooting in different systems.
- Ensure to sell new services to clients and update existing customers.
- Ensure to manipulate fasteners, connectors and wire and utilize hand tools.
- Conduct routine upholding on equipment inclusive of repairs and adjustments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Management
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- A highly proactive and skilled individual
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-based environment with minimum direction
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills, mechanical and electronics aptitude
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Electronics, Information Technology or Related
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of proven technical work experience in CCTV Installation and operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools, analogue/digital test equipment and CCTV testing devices
- Must have a good understanding of Windows operating systems and overall IT network topology
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics, CAD drawings and related documents for their use in low-voltage applications
- Excellent communication skills.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia – EIZ will be an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of modern electrical equipment.