Plan International Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following Temporal positions in Nchelenge;
GENDER/SAFEGUARDING ADVISOR X 1, (NCHELENGE) – 7 MONTHS CONTRACT
The Gender Advisor will have overall responsibility to lead the gender component in the Education Can’t Wait (EcW) Project. She/he will be responsible for ensuring that gender consideration is integrated in the project implementation, giving opportunities to girls and young women to participate and influence the provisions of the model law. The incumbent will ensure effective networking of child rights with other child rights focused organizations. The position will report to the Program Area Manager.
- Support gender rapid needs assessments and analysis
- Ensure SADD and Issues related to GBV and SRH are included in all assessments
- Conduct gender sensitivity trainings in gender in emergency and other gender trainings
- Conduct project site visits and assess the levels of gender integration
- Lobby, facilitate and support for the participation of community structures’ members during education sector meetings on child protection and participation issues.
- Support the country offices to create opportunities for girls and young women to participate in the roll out of GBV activities in the settlement
- Guide Plan teams to work closely with the government line ministries to ensure efficient and effective linkages of sectors to prevent and respond to GBV within the sectors.
- Work with refugee community gate keepers to enhance female and child participation in decision making
- Provide technical assistant and capacity building of the teams and partners through coaching and training on gender in emergencies as well as formulation, implementation and monitoring and evaluation related to gender inclusiveness
- Ensure that the feedback mechanism is mainly provided through meetings with community members and this is worked on by all concerned
- Overall responsibility for project implementation including quality assurance, reporting, and communications in line with the GiE stands and protocol.
- Effectively collaborates with the relevant stakeholders for learning and information sharing on ending child marriage.
- Facilitate documentation of lessons learnt and good practices in the course of the project life span
- Strengthen Networking with CSOs existing mechanism for protection of survivors which include medical, psychosocial, legal and referral for safety for care support and legal services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Gender Social Sciences, Development Studies or related discipline
- 5 – 6 years practical experience in GBV programming
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with government departments and other development agencies at Camp and District levels.
- Experience working in an INGO/NGO environment, preferred.
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Personal commitment to children’s development and protection
- Innovative, consultative, and independent thinker
- Understanding of girls /child focused programming concepts
- Strong analytical skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Promotes high performance by all staff
- Experience and knowledge in S/GBV project management
- Good team player
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, with knowledge of language, cultural beliefs and values of the target communities.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 15th January, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.