Job title : HR – Generalist
Site : KMP
Department : Human Resources
The HR Officer Generalist will mainly focus on all planned activities in the management of the HR processes and as well as perform all HR related administrative functions.
The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Provide HR support and advice to Supervisors and Line Managers in order to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
- Monitor staff performance and attendance activities
- Provide support for end-user issues, and act as a first point-of-contact for HRIS and the HR Service Centre on daily questions and issues relating to employee data.
- Interpret the Collective Bargaining Agreements and other staff related conditions of service in accordance with company policy.
- Facilitate the end-to-end disciplinary management system and processes and act as the custodian for employee and industrial relations on site.
- Manage Payroll inputs and Payroll related queries.
- Take part in the development of the automated on boarding processes and establishment of associated process flows and service level agreements
- Facilitate the drafting / updating of existing job descriptions, placing of adverts on the internal & external system and conduct all recruitment processes to offer stage. Facilitate all recruitment electronically.
- To coordinate HR related projects and provide required information the projects Coordinator; HR Projects
- Management of leave application and leave passage payments
- Coordinating all departmental appraisals and performance reviews for staff employees
- Act as brand ambassador for HR
- Perform as other duties as required by management from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Industrial Psychology equivalent
- A minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience ideally in labour intensive industry
- A good knowledge of Zambian labour laws is a prerequisite.
- Previous mining experience is added advantage.
- Member of ZIHRM
- Ability to contribute to other functional strategies from a people perspective.
- Good working understanding of the Zambian legislation applicable to the HR discipline and mining industry in general.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- High levels of confidentiality
- Planning and Organizing
- Attention to detail
- Results orientation