Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 800 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
GEOLOGY SUPERINTENDENT (X1)
This position reports to the Technical Services Manager.
Core Purpose of the Position
Acquire, validate, provide all geological drilling information and conduct QA/AC activities on all pre-evaluation input data. Manage and control all drilling costs and activities.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Plan and formulate all geological resource delineation holes and issue layouts.
- Generate geological drilling schedules and communicate the schedules to mine planning on a weekly and or monthly basis.
- Monitoring all geological delineation, hanging wall and cover drilling activities.
- Supervise all geological drilling activities and effectively communicate with all drillers (Lubambe and contractors).
- Conduct rig checks for safety, adherence to safe working standards.
- Monitor all geological drilling costs.
- Effective communication and planning with Survey department on collar surveys, camera surveys and collar stake out.
- Geological logging, sampling and despatch to analytical lab of all diamond drilled core and face samples.
- Implement and conduct QA/QC on all resulting geological samples.
- Attend weekly production meeting to address issues delaying diamond drilling and highlight risks to business plan.
- Calculate, tabulate and document the drilling accuracy and compliance report.
- Manage yearly update to the JORC Resource.
- Create and maintain local geological grade models.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A University Degree in Geology obtained from a recognised institution
- Member of the EIZ & GSZ or any other recognized geological professional body
- Minimum 10 years’ experience – underground mining geology- A must
- A knowledge of 3D geological/mine planning software preferably Datamine, Deswik and Surpac.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft word packages like word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working with minimum supervision.
- Should be of a sober character
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 22nd December, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.