Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
The GIZ project “Green Infrastructure Corridors for intra-African Trade (Support to PIDA)” collaborates with the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) and advises the AUDA-NEPAD Division Infrastructure & Connectivity on the development of a Digitalisation Strategy and the Digitalisation of a technical advisory process to bring infrastructure projects to bankability. AUDA-NEPAD also works on topics such as Cyber Security, Data Governance, Data Centers and Tech Start Up. The Advisor will be seconded to AUDA-NEPAD and advise the recently established Unit “Digitalisation” within the Division Infrastructure & Connectivity on above mentioned topics. The Seconded Advisor will work in tadem with the GIZ Senior Technical Advisor Digitalisation.
- Responsible to mobilise partnerships and resources in the field of Digitalisation and advise AUDA-NEPAD, AU Member States and GIZ on Digital Topics within the Infrastructure & Connectivity Division
- Plan, formulate and implement strategies to engage partners to commit resources and/or technical advisory for the implementation of the Digital Strategy within the Infrastructure & Connectivity Division
- Plan and implement dialogue fora and outreach events such as panel debates; workshops; events etc.
- To engage partners and initiate new partnerships in the field of Digitalisation
- Work closely with the GIZ Senior Technical Advisor Digitalisation and other AUDA Digital programmes to align and complement work streams and messaging between AUDA-NEPAD and GIZ
- Research, engage and map partnerships that can add value to the mission and vision of AUDA-NEPADs Infrastructure & Connectivity Division in the field of Digitalisation
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement and management processes to steer product and/or process development with active partner involvement
Advise AUDA-NEPAD and Member States on partnership opportunities in the field of Digitalisation
- Plan and prepare GIZ tender packages (terms of reference, Budget, etc.) to contract service providers
- Steer and manage consultancies from technical and budget perspective, in close consultation and coordination with AUDA-NEPAD
- Master’s degree in economics, computer science, IT, engineering, social sciences or related field
- Several years of professional experience in the field of Managing Partnerships and/or Resource Mobilisation and/or Stakeholder Engagement and/or programme planning and/or related areas
- Proven track record of having mobilized partnerships and/or resources
Long-standing professional experience in strategic planning; coordinating and steering product and/or process development
- Long-standing professional experience of leading stakeholder engagement and change management processes
- Long-standing professional experience of working in the digital ecosystem placed within public and/or private sector institutions in Africa and/or within African Union affiliated institutions
- Carry outstanding work ethic and motivation to act reliable, dedicated, and disciplined without much guidance and supervision
- Ability to work independent in a complex environment and be adaptive to change
- Business fluent in English, French as an advantage