Website GlobalConnect Zambia
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The Specialist Finance Operations will assist in managing the financial and administrative functions in the Finance Department. The Specialist Finance Operations will be responsible for financial administration, management of accounts, key finance stakeholders as well as undertaking general admin tasks. This role will report to the Head of Finance.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
- Ensure that monthly journals are prepared in line with the internal reporting deadlines.
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations are prepared in line with the internal reporting deadlines.
- Ensure that Monthly reports required by Internal and external stakeholders are prepared in with the deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly VAT and PAYE returns.
- Preparation of payment authorisation forms as well as support the Head of Finance with other Treasury functions.
- Vendor and Customer Management.
- Preparation of statutory returns and payments.
- Support the Head of Finance with the preparation of the annual business plan and forecast.
- Provide support on administrative roles.
- Respond to internal and external financial requests.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum CPA / CIMA /ACCA / 4-year degree in Finance or Business
- Master’s degree in Finance is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of post-qualification experience in accounting and finance operations.
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets.
- Experience in wholesale/infrastructure/B2B Telecommunications sector/ industry will be advantageous.
- Accounting standards and procedures.
- Financial Budgeting and Reporting
- Tax accounting.
- Payables Management.
- Treasury & Cash Management
- Financial Acumen
- Analytical thinking
- Data interpretation
- Delivery focused