Website Goldenlay Agri. Ltd
Goldenlay Agri. Ltd is the largest producer, supplier, and distributor of table eggs across Zambia, and boasting a brand familiar to retailers and consumers alike. Goldenlay is hereby inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill in the position of Mechanical Fitter
- Responsible for carrying out various mechanical repairs associated with fabrication works as assigned and as per instruction.
- Responsible for fabrication and repairs in the poultry houses.
- Work as a member of the team in carrying out various mechanical and maintenance activities such as installation, alignment, overhauling, repairing of machines, maintenance of de- dusting units and tensioning of chains in the poultry houses.
- Oiling and greasing of chains bearings.
- Assists to service, replace, construct, assemble and fit components for machinery, installation, and other equipment in poultry houses.
- Assist the team with breakdown, assist with maintaining, overhauling and commission machines and equipment, engineering systems for poultry houses.
- Ensure the compliance with safety, good working practice, proper implementation of procedures, quality and environmental requirements and regulations.
- Ensure adherence to equipment or machine handling over procedure, before handing over equipment or machine for operation, check and make sure that all maintenance tools/materials and personnel are cleared from the working site and the equipment is safe to resume operations.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of a Craft Certificate or its equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in poultry industry
Behavioral Traits & Skills:
- The ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, self-motivated, and conscientious attitude.
- Detail Orientation.
- Problem Solving.
- Team player.
All qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CV’s with at least three traceable references to the address/e-mail below.
The Human Resource Manager
Goldenlay Agri Limited, P.O. Box 90444, Luanshya
Closing date of applications: 5th February 2024