Website Goldenlay Agri. Ltd
Goldenlay Agri. Ltd is the largest producer, supplier and distributor of table eggs across Zambia, and boasting a brand familiar to retailers and consumers alike. Goldenlay is hereby inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Human Resource Assistant
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To assist the Human Resource Manager in the running of the HR department and to administer employee records for the HR department.
- Employee files – Ensure all records (historical and current) are completed and filed in a filing and retrieval system in a timely manner.
- HR Management Information System – Ensure that HR (management information systems) are updated timely with new and terminated employees, annual leave, etc.
- Attendance Management – Ensure registers are prepared and given to HOD’s and support staff. Track attendance by ensuring employee personalized leave registers is updated with any type of leave in a timely manner.
- Staff selection and recruitment – Ensure the standard recruiting and hiring practices are followed. Arrange adverts, shortlist candidates and serve as part of the interview team. – On-boarding – Ensure employee induction prior to their commencement of work. Ensure contracts are given timely, and ensuring new employees settle in well. Maintain recruitment records.
- Staff Grievances, discipline and counselling – Conduct investigations and disciplinary hearings when there have been breaches of the Code of Conduct or when employee complaints have been reported.
- Maintain grievance and disciplinary records and attend disciplinary hearings.
- Performance management and staff motivation – Assist HOD’s by preparing appraisal templates at every quarter. Maintain performance records.
- Training – Perform Induction training. Maintain employee training records.
- Reporting – Assist the HR Manager in the provision of relevant data for the HR month-end and quarterly report. Stand in for the HR Manager when he is on leave or out of office.
- Ad hoc duties as and when requested
- Be in compliance with Occupation, Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Be actively committed to teamwork and team development
- Have a collaborative approach to working together through engaging interests and participation of others
- Adaptive to change with self-awareness
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
- Effective time management, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets
- Strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities with numerical and analytical astute
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Familiar with HR Management Information Systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of Zambian Labour Laws and HR good practices.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Human Resource Management from a reputable University
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
- 3 years plus proven work experience
- Experience in the Agriculture sector will be an added advantage.
All QUALIFIED and interested candidates should send their updated CV’s with at least three traceable references no later than 7th September 2023 to the address/e-mail below:
The Human Resource Manager
Goldenlay Agri Limited
P.O. Box 90444