Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Position: Graduate Mining Engineer
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Mine Engineering Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Graduate Mining Engineer.
Reporting to the Mine Engineering Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing basic skills and competencies in different mine supervision disciplines.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Actively contribute to site safety policy.
- Identify the risks in your work area and use correct controls.
- Not attempting any task unless trained, capable and competent to safely perform the task.
- Successfully complete the first stage and second stage of the LMC Graduate Program in Technical Services, drilling, blasting, load & haul, dispatch, survey, geology, geotechnical and hydro geological, operation services.
- Any other specific project work as directed by the Engineering Coordinator
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate
- B.Sc. in Mining Engineering
- Must be computer literate
- Must have good planning and organizational skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of responsibility and shows accountability for own actions
- Must be self-motivated, commitment and goal oriented
- Be able to show initiative, good interpersonal skills & willingness to learn
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent
- Must have a valid Zambian / SADIC driving license
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.